Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pre-Lotan


Before even arriving in Israel, I was lucky enough to meet up with the lovely Rachel Nagorsky in Milan, where we partook in the classic run-jump-hug in front of many ashamed Italians.
From there we continued to ha'eretz, and proceeded to meet up with my family (aunt/uncle/and cousins- Steve, Sophie, Alex and Liat Rhodes... Elisheva is serving in the army somewhere near Be'er-Sheva). Rachel and I spent two nights on Moshav Shorashim catching up and relaxing. Even in our jet-lagged state we attended a charity auction on the Moshav, and Rachel took me to Kabul to meet her Arab host-family which she stayed with over a year ago. Above is a picture of Rachel with Samah and her sisters.


After our stay up north, Rachel and I headed to Jerusalem where, by some amazing chance, many of us EIE-ers happened to meet up only six years after our initial Israeli bonding. Most of my 24 hours in Jerusalem was spent cherishing my time with some of my favorite people. This pic is for you guys (from left: Josh Weinberg, Miriam Zichlin, Caren Gandelman, Rachel Nagorsky... and of course-Me, Julia Lachman).

No comments: